France’s most extensive pool of young international talents
The V.I.E. international internship program is probably the best European trainee program for young professionals eager to gain experience abroad. It allows companies headquartered or with a subsidiary in France to send these promising talents anywhere in the world for a 6 to 24 months mission, train them, and, in most cases, hire them. With more than 40,000 potential applicants, the V.I.E. database is the most extensive to recruit future international talents.
In addition, to support companies’ international growth under the sanitary crisis, the French government, with its “FranceRelance” recovery initiative, has set up a V.I.E Stimulus Cheque of up to €10,000 per intern, which is 30% of the cost for a one-year assignment.
What is the V.I.E. international internship program?
The program started in France in 2000. It is open to:
- French women and men aged from 18 to 28 years who have met their national service obligations.
- EU citizens who have completed their national service obligations in their country of origin.
It is a public assignment to gain professional experience in a branch or a subsidiary of a company headquartered in France, a piggyback company, or a local joint venture for a defined period never exceeding 24 months.
The V.I.E. program contributes to pursuing several goals, depending on the needs of the host company, for instance:
- Participating in the development of international expertise through practical internships and job training;
- Analyzing the needs of companies and organizations connected with the international public support set-up: chambers of commerce, regional public organizations;
- Coordinating and stimulating promotional activities aimed at supporting companies in their technical, industrial, and trade development worldwide;
- Contributing to the identification of companies ready for international development, giving specific attention to the potential of SMEs;
- Inform on the French offer in terms of products and services.
Aims and objectives of the V.I.E. program
The program focuses on three main goals:
- Fostering understanding and durable relations between France and the country hosting the intern;
- Training high potential young French graduates to nurture the desire and capacity for future professional collaboration with the host country;
- Encourage and accompany French investments and know-how transfers towards the country of assignment.
There are currently +40,000 candidates registered in Business France’s V.I.E. database, eager to be on an international mission. This database is the most important in France with such a rate of qualified candidates.
The V.I.E. program in the Nordic countries
There have been more than 800 VIE international interns in the Nordics since 2000, and their number is just growing. Currently, we count about 200 V.I.E. in mission in the Nordic countries: about 100 in Sweden, 50 in Denmark, 40 in Norway, and the rest in Finland.
Statistically, more than 92% of them got hired at the end of their assignment or even before that. This figure shows the benefit of accessing the labor market and starting an international career in the best conditions.
Get direct insight into the program by watching the videos produced by V.I.E. interns from Denmark and Sweden themselves, and do not hesitate to contact us for more information about the VIE program:
- Flora Maurincomme, Business manager Nordics, VIE at Chronolife in Copenhagen
- Lila Rannou, Oncology product manager, VIE at Servier Nordics in Stockholm
- Marie Wawrzyniak, Deputy site supervisor, VIE at Alstom in Denmark
- Monika Strąk, Process engineer at Saint-Gobain Sweden AB – Isover in Sweden
- Sarah Lam, Project control engineer, VIE at Vinci Construction in Denmark
- Faustine Offroy, Finance business partner at Sanofi Pasteur Northern Europe in Sweden
The V.I.E. Stimulus Cheque as part of the French recovery initiative
To support companies’ international growth under the sanitary crisis, the French government, with its “France Relance” recovery initiative, has set up a V.I.E Stimulus Cheque of up to €10,000 per intern, which is 30% of the cost for a one-year assignment.
Contact us for more information about the VIE international internship program.