Successful ‘’Première’’ for the French Design & Decoration Day!
The French Design & Decoration Day is an initiative taken by Business France in collaboration with the French Embassy in Sweden to highlight new and existing French brands within interior decoration, creating a meeting place for French high-end brands and Swedish professionals working in the Contract & Projects’ market. The first edition took place at the French Residence in Stockholm on the 9th of October and was a great success! More than 130 professional visitors came to meet 11 French exclusive brands and listen to inspirational trend seminars.
An exclusive event in an exclusive place
Business France organized the French Design & Decoration Day at the Bromska Palace in Stockholm, the residence of the Ambassador who kindly opened his doors on this occasion. This was the ideal place to host the 11 exclusive French brands attending the event to showcase their iconic items and latest creations.
We would like to thank them for coming and for all the passion and savoir-faire they brought with them to Sweden:
- Ardamez whose core business is the manufacture of enameled Parisian bistro tables.
- Daum with its spectacular crystal objects for interiors, art pieces and jewellery.
- Duvivier Canapés which designs and manufactures exceptional sofas, armchairs and furniture.
- Fermob and its elegant recyclable and recycled metal furniture.
- Lafuma Mobilier, well-known for the quality of its know-how inspired by the French touch.
- Horus and its prestigious faucets inspired by Art Nouveau style.
- La Cornue which produces handcrafted stoves. True masterpieces celebrating the French Art de vivre.
- Petite Friture and its original design that instill life to objects, places and moments.
- Salamandr and its setting of traditional skills associated with pure-lined design and cosmopolitan references.
- Sammode Studio and its unique collection of designer luminaires for private residences, restaurants and hotels.
- Socotex, specialized in sun protection with its textiles for indoor and outdoor environments.
It was also a day full of inspiration and exchanges, with a breakfast seminar on the last trends and perspectives in the Swedish contract market, and an inspirational coffee seminar focused on sustainability, ethic, and collaborations in the Contract market.
Thanks to all our many speakers:
- Yves Chantereau from Equator,
- Daniel Fergusson from Evert Lindelöf,
- Tarek Hegazy from Living Sweden,
- Franck Philippe from Mosaique.dk,
- Helena Toresson from Wingårdhs,
- Andreas Cavallius from Nobis,
- Dag Klockby from Gärsnäs, Nina Jobs,
- Oskar Norelius from White Arkitekter.
An event organized in close collaboration with local and French partners
This day would not have been possible without the contribution of our partners from France and Sweden: l’Ameublement Français (#My furniture is French), Maison & Objets Paris, Saint-Gobain, G.H Mumm Champagne, Picard Sweden, and Valrhona. Thank you for coming!
Last but not least, thank you to all visitors who came to this first edition of the French Design & Decoration Day. This event wouldn’t have been a success without you. We hope that you have found inspiration and created good contacts with our French brands.
More articles about :
Lifesciences & Lifestyle
As part of European Utility Week (November 12th to 14th, 2019), SMILE is organising tours of smart grids projects currently being deployed on the field in Nantes and Rennes (November 15th, 2019). The European Utility Week trade fair will take place...
The French Minister of Sports, Roxana Maracineanu, was in Sweden last week to support the French team at the World Ski Championship in Åre. It was also a good occasion to remind that France is a nation of sport,...
Hold-On Productions is a French agency offering innovative transit advertising on tourist buses all around the world, including in Copenhagen. What is transit advertising on buses? Transit advertising on buses is: A qualitative,...